Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Can you spare a square?

Train of thought........
There are a bunch of people on the MonthlyDishcloth yahoo group who have posted that they knit 2 cloths at the same time. I thought, "Brilliant!". But do I really need a second cloth?


Remember I knit a bunch of fun fur hats for Kate? Well, before I committed to sending them out I wanted to check with MY local children's hospital (where The Mayor has unfortunately spent some time) , AI dupont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, DE) if they needed fun fur hats. Nope, not hats but they DO need blankets. Oh.


Anyone see where this is going? Yup. 2 cloths at once and I get squares to make blankets for the children's hospital! "Brilliant!"
Here are my first 2 squares:
ASL I Love You My idea is to add one of these squares into each blanket. The blue is cotton, the pink is Wool Ease
Next up is the Monthly Dishcloth KAL:
Don't you love the hearts? Both are knit in Wool Ease.
There are so many cute dishcloth patterns, flowers, butterflies, cars and trucks. These blankets would be perfect!
Next on the train of thought......
I could use some help. Why not post this on the Internet? Anyone have an extra square they can spare for a kids blanket?
Better yet, lets DO THIS ALL YEAR AND HAVE MONTHLY DRAWINGS!
So here is the deal:
I will collect squares 8x8 or 9x9 (face it, dishcloth knitting is not perfect and if I get enough I can match them up). If you are interested, email me at cbast25 at yahoo dot com and I'll send you my snail mail address. Put squares or dishcloths in the subject link.
The squares should be washable (kids, ya know?) cotton, wool blend, even acrylic, you get it.
For each square you send you will get a ticket in the bowl for the monthly drawing. Prizes will include (but are not limited to) yarn, jewelry, handmade stitchmarkers, handspun yarn, etc.
Prizes will be drawn the last day of the month and posted for all to see. (first drawing to be, um, the end of March?)
What do you think? Anyone? Anyone? Can you spare a square? Please?
*** note added 2pm... the moderator for the dishcloth group posted this request to the Yahoo group and HOLY COW! I have had tons of people responding! Knitters ROCK!
If you would like to send a square you can send it to my work address: (or email me )
Spare Squares c/o
Technicolorsheep
16 E Eagle Rd.
Havertown, PA 19083

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

awesome idea!! Count me in :)

Julie

8:59 AM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Count me in as well.

10:20 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

YOU ROCK!!! Count me in. At least one square, I'm hoping more

1:15 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home