Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Labor Of Love

Because my youngest nephew does not have a Christmas stocking and because Mom-mom has looked everywhere and tried very hard for us all to have matching stockings, we have been on a hunt for 1+ year to find a stocking that will match the rest of the family. Well, I found this one (a kit) on line from The Irish Ewe the only problems was I have NEVER knit Intarsa. So I put it off, and off, and off.

Finally after a consult with Laura and much internet reading I completed this! Voila! Not too shabby!
Well, almost completed. Actually I need to duplicate stitch the name and the rest of Santa's face.

Plus it needs to be seamed up the back.
Oh and I'm going to duplicate stitch Santa's beard to make it fuzzy.
And put a bell on his hat.
That's it, really.

Here is a pic of the "other" side, not perfect, but there will be some extra stitching and it will be lined.

I will post when it is completely finished - maybe show you the rest of the family's sotckings too!

Big Momma T (mother of the youngest nephew), What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Wow! What a wonderful job you did! Quite an accomplishment for your first intarsia. How big is the finished stocking?

9:57 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home