Friday, December 15, 2006

Socks for Oma Blu

Oma Blu is my neighbor. She is possibly the BEST neighbor in the world! I can ask her to watch my son OR care for my animals. She brings us Wegman's rotissary chicken on a regular basis and just yesterday dropped off a big box of Christmas cookies from the Swedish pastery shop (that I had no idea even existed). She is so good to us! Anyway, she had a tough year with some health stuff and I wanted to knit her something special, specifically socks. Not just any socks, socks knit from Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil. (a good German sock yarn. Oma is German for Grandmother, get it?) Anyway, here they are, just finished! I really hope she likes them..... she is a tough one to shop OR knit for. (notice I matched the striping, not sure how she would like non-matching stripes) I'm a little nervous, if she likes them GREAT, but if she dosen't.... well. What do you give the Blue Granny for Christmas?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are gorgeous! She's gonna love them. How could she not?

9:18 AM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home