Monday, January 08, 2007

Birthday Socks

For Oma Blu. Yes, it seems she really did like her Christmas socks and as her birthday is in 2 weeks, I knit MORE socks!



Wool: Austernamm Step (with Aloe and Jojoba Oil) color 8
Needles: Knit Picks 1's (I'm a 2 circ girl)
Pattern: regular cast on 60, some ribbing, some stockinette, heel flap, heel turn, foot, toe.

I really like this color way... kind of pink/brown/grey. I was bummed we sold the last ball (was gonna snag it for ME). I did get a new color, with blues just for ME so all is well.

I photograph again after I wash and block the socks. I LOVE having a gift completed early. Hopefully I can wait till her birthday to give them!

My next project:

Knit Picks Aran Braided Socks

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Oma Blu! I've been wanting to try the Austermann Step; I hear it is really soft. I love the colors you used.

6:39 PM, January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky Oma Blu you have!! You sock knitters continue to amazing me. Seriously. One of these days, though, I WILL KNIT SOCKS! I have plenty of sock yarn and now I even have the tiny needles. Maybe when I finish the herd of hedgehogs!

It is so good to hear from you! :)

12:28 AM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home