Friday, July 30, 2010

Some Spinning

Actual spinning content!
Look at this, 190 yards worsted weight and spindle spun
The fiber is Country Redwood Roving center pull bump, 70% alpaca "Baja", 30% merino and was a bday gift last year ? or maybe the year before that? from Noolie. I finally finished it up on the spindle then plied it on the wheel. The best fiber I have is gifted from other spinners, thanks Noolie!

Becky (beangirl on Ravelry) gifted me with this Spunky Eclectic fiber in June and I became obsessed- its Merino/silk 80/20, "Goblin Eyes"

I LOVE the colors and the name and it spun up like a dream

98 yards of worsted in a squishy delicious yarn. I loves it!

In other news its hot. Really, really hot. I'm tired of face sweat and humidity and am longing for sweater weather. How about you?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Love all that spinning!! I bought some alpaca fibre on our trip, and I'm longing to get spinning. Hopefully, life will slow down a bit, soon!

It's been hot here, too. Hang in there, before you know it, fall will be here, and we'll be missing summer! :o)

2:48 PM, July 30, 2010  
Blogger Monika said...

Oh lovely spun yarn! I like them both! I'm with you - totally! I was so happy this morning, when at 6AM I was sitting on my balcony and it was fresh, VERY fresh, made me smile, because I knew it would get hot, hot, hot during the day.

5:37 PM, July 30, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spindle spun? Lovely job!!! Both yarns are gorgeous - your spinning is beautiful!

6:06 AM, August 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home