Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mortified.

Ok so here it goes.... this past Monday Tala & I took a cruise to Loop on 19th & South to meet the Yarn Harlot and get a copy of her new book signed. The first picture is Tala getting her camera ready and trying to keep her face out of the wall of yarn! Yum! Yarn!
Here is Ms. Harlot! In person! So cool to meet someone you have been blog stalking/reading for a couple of years now! She really is THAT funny! The quote of the night, "Knitting humor: Its a niche market."

And lastly here is a photo of Tala & Stephanie (aka the Harlot) photo blogging each others socks in progress! See more pics on Tala's blog

Now after this part is where it gets ugly (for me at least). I tend to babble when I meet people in this type of situation. I've been reading the Harlot's blog for a couple of YEARS and feel like she is a knitting ICON! So... I shoved Tala in front of me and was able to compose myself for maybe 2 mins. I had a nice chat with the Harlot and all seemed normal (maybe because we were talking about our kids...) then SHA-ZAM!!!!!! I totally loose it. See the woman leaning back, behind Tala's hand? Well that is JUNO ! I read her blog too. Can you see where this is going?? I can no longer control myself, the excitement is too much, the pressure has been building to too long......

(shakes head, Slaps head, sighs) No more talk of kids. Just "OH JUNO, can I get a picture with you?!! in a voice about 10 octaves higher than my norm. And "OH JUNO, I READ your blog all the time !" And "OH JUNO, how is the the baby kitty?"

Did anybody shut me up? NO. Did Tala (who was warned this may occur) poke me with a dpn as promised? No. I just squeaked on for a good 5 minutes, got purple in the face and all sweaty. Its a little blurry now. Tala said " You just became un-hinged." (as if I was "hinged" to begin with) I just remember stepping back in my mind, cringing and thinking " Why can't I stop?"

Where is the picture of me & Juno you ask? Well, the FIRST shot Tala took before I was ready and it looks like I am gazing adoringly at Juno (plus the sweater I was wearing had a large neck and it slid off one shoulder to show my pretty blue bra strap). The SECOND picture where I am ready and looking at the camera, you see the bra strap again, my face is purple & shiney and Juno lookes mildly annoyed. (I don't blame her) (OH and I didn't really ASK her if I could post her pic on my blog) So there you go.

I'm over the worst of the embarassment now and really I PROMISE I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME! I will have a list of questions and topics to discuss so I don't get too crazed trying to think and I will remember these women are KNITTERS for crying out loud! They are MY PEOPLE! They do the same thing I do, they have the same obsession and scoop the cat litter, JUST LIKE I DO. Geez. I gotta get a grip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tala said...

Yeah, like you won't use the list of questions to mop your sweaty face, blurring the print and leaving you standing there, oh, um, BABBLING again! Hee hee, the pics look great, though...still think you should post the one of you staring lovingly at a woman you barely know!

8:03 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

Lol!!! I would have done the same thing!

9:42 PM, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home