Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Not Red

"But Mom, you already maked me a sweater!" This is the response I get. Oh and its not red. He likes red. This sweater is BLUE.

Guess what? He is going to wear it anyway. I happen to love it! Especially after I have a little consult with my LYS owner about the best way to bind off for the neck. (was a smidge too tight) Her suggestion was to add about 10 more stitches to the last neck row THEN bind off. Worked like a charm! The neck is perfectly stretchy!

Specs:

Pattern- Weekend sweater Elizabeth Zimmerman (used the EPS system and raglan shoulders)

Yarn- Plymouth Encore - 2 balls

Needles- Denise 7's

I actually wanted this a bit bigger (maybe get 2 winters out of it) but it fits great and really looks cute. Even with the forced smile....

I need to pick up some wool for his winter mittens next (red of course)

more stuff coming soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tala said...

So freakin' cute! I LOVE that sweater, and that color looks great on him! Adorable!

8:25 AM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Tala said...

Ella saw the picture of Jake and has a request to "pay with Jake". Any time next week that you guys are available?

7:19 AM, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home