Sunday, December 17, 2006

Calorimetry

Calorimetry is FINISHED! Quick knit and fun. Done in the Frog Tree merino to match my fingerless gloves. Bad pic, but you get the idea.
Notes: its a bit wider than I liked, so I flipped the front up like a hat brim. Also, I used 8's, but can probably go down to 7's easily remedied by changing the button hole (darned loose knitter) This wool is just so squishy and YUMMY! I'm thinking I need a neck something to match the set, what do you think? A keyhole scarf or maybe a gaiter...hhmmmmm

* I just decided it was too wide and was just going to stretch past my liking, so its been frogged. I have already cast on again, this time using 7's and a crochet cast on, since you really see the edges and I want them to match!
I'll repost when finished.
** this happens frequently. I decide after a project is DONE that there is something I do not like and frog and reknit. I have no problems with this. I owuld rather reknit than look at it each time and say "Hmm, should have used a crochet cast on, or should have gone down a needle size" I know from experience that will make me Nuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I think the keyhole scarf would be a good idea. The shape would compliment the Calorimetry well. I can't wait to see the reknit version.

2:06 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Tala said...

Did you see my blog entry? I did the same thing! I actually just finished it on FIVES and it's great - still a smidge wide (especially with my shorter hair) but it's the perfect length now. I think I might have to design my own that has a really narrow (i-cord?) part that goes at the nape of the neck so that short hair doesn't stick straight out!

9:24 AM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home