Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Hottest Day of the Year...

The Mayor and I stopped by yesterday to give Scooter her birthday gift. It was the FREAKING HOTTEST DAY of the summer. Really. Hot + Humid= me melting.

So what did we give her? On the hottest freaking day of the summer? Oh just a pair of THRUMMED MITTENS.
Yes. Really.
The warmest mittens known to mankind I gifted to a person I like on the hottest day of the summer. Go figure.

"Ohhh they are so pretty!" "How did you get the fleece in there?"
(she might not be happy with the photos, but tough. When she gets her own blog, she can post pics of me to get even. )

Really though, Scooter has freakishly cold hands especially in winter. I expect these to get lots of good use.

Specs: Cascade 220 1 skein, color 9404. Thrums: BFL from The Flying Ewe (love her! In fact I ordered one of my first spindles from her)

Needles: Denise 5's and 6's

Pattern: My Own - really, I cobbled it together from about 5 different sources but if you want good information on what IS a thrum and how to actually put them in mittens go here.

I caught up with Amanda this week and she gifted ME with 2 rockin' awesome batts- I have pics and will post soon. I spun one batt up already and wait till you see the neato yarn it became....

Stay cool!

*** note added 7/28 She just saw the post and is NOT HAPPY about the pictures. Really, she is a beautiful woman whose petite figure I envy every time I see her! She in no way resembles a young Roz Russell. It was all my bad photography!

OK? *******

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Nothin' says I love you like mittens on a hot day. :~)

8:27 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

*waving hand*

I have pictures of you! Embarrassing ones!

Glad you're liking the batts!

8:30 AM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, I love those thrummed mittens. I would love to make a pair, myself. Everyone I know would love some.

10:42 PM, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home