Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dishrag Queen

Emily (the mastermind behind Dishrag Tag) wants to see how many dishrags are in the house! The one with the most gets crowned Dishrag Queen (or King). Now mind you I just gave a bunch to my mom, but here is my stack currently in use:
22 Dishcloths and 4 Tribbles .
(2 tribbles are ready for the wash and one cloth is still wet! but I tried to dig them all up... in fact I may have one or 2 more hiding) These are all the ones I use at home, there are many more that have been gifted!
** update, make that 23. the last one is hot off the needles, pic soon!***

Speaking of DishRag Tag, I'm training for my "leg" of the event. The pattern I'm thinking of using is the Knitted Round Lacy Cloth . I timed myself last night and it takes me 9 minutes and 50 seconds to do one wedge... there are 9 wedges, plus sewing up and weaving in , the occasional distraction, so I figure I can get one done in less than 2 hrs! That means I can have a 24 hr turn around from when I receive my box, providing the mail comes at its usual 12pm and is not recieved on Saturday. Not too shabby.... now to get the rest of my package ready and I'm good to go!

Its been GOD AWEFUL humid the last couple of days and worse at swim lessons. BUT I did manage to finish up the "Socks of Love" and will post pics as soon as The Mr. gets home at a reasonable time (meaning there is decent light to take pictures of black 1x1 ribbed socks).

OTN: a Bainbridge scarf for JEN and maybe some Monkey socks with the yarn Trish sent for my b-day. Oh and Kristy and I (plus maybe Charity) are doing our own little KAL for toe-up socks from the Summer Interweave- starting soon.

Stay Cool

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

lol...you've got that all planned out. That's about how long it takes me to get through most dishcloths. :~) Good Luck!
I have 4-5 dishcloths. I give most of mine away to family. I guess I need to start keeping some. :~)

12:49 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

You crazy dishrag lady! CRAZY!!!

Speaking of crazy, have you visited CAP's blog today? So sad.

2:47 PM, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a LOT of dishcloths!

I can't wait to see the Socks of Love!

8:01 PM, July 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home