Monday, July 16, 2007

Spinning and Socks

I caught up with Amanda last week and she gave me some birthday fiber! I immediately pulled out the recently vacated Celtic Spindle and went to work on the crazy batt.....

She carded this from bunches of "leftovers" and added a bit of sparkle... volia a crazy batt!
And now there is crazy yarn! Too much fun. Did I mention she sells her stuff on Etsy? Go check it out!
I still have this lovley batt of soft, yummy lavender sparkley goodness. I'm just going to pet this for a while.
Kristy and I have decided we WILL conquer toe up socks and are using the Ann Budd article in Summer Interweave. Here is the table with all my reference material-
and the latest attempt-

Not too bad. I figured out the Eastern Cast on after only 3 times, but I'm not happy with the way my increases are looking- especially on the one side. How do you start your toe-uppers?

I have spent an INSANE amount of time on Ravelry the last couple of days... uploading pics to Flickr, moving them, putting in project information and checking out everyone else's stuff. Its such a great resource and its STILL BETA! I'm having fun documenting projects and getting even more ideas for future projects. I may just give up the blog and keep everything in Ravelry!

Stay Cool and Keep Knitting

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tala said...

Love the yarn! Very cool! Start spinning that other batt, dammit!

I LOVE toe-up socks! I do the short-row toe from Knitty - coolness!

I still haven't gotten "accepted" to Ravelry. I was late to sign up on the waiting list - so everyone else is enjoying it and I just have to sit and hear about it. Sniff.

6:55 PM, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool yarn!

Ravelry certainly is addictive, isn't it?

1:03 PM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, my gosh, I am so happy to be reading your blog! Thank you for leaving a comment on mine, so I can read about your spindling. A fellow spindler! Wooot! No, I haven't been on ispindle.com, but I will definitely be checking it out. I feel like I've been swimming upriver, and now I will learn something!

10:39 PM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm going to sit down this afternoon and try to conquer this sucker... any tips?

12:37 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home