Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Hats!

Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes last week, the love was needed and appreciated. It was a bad bad week. In fact pretty much the entire month of August has sucked loud and hard. I'll be glad when the new month starts with school and associated crazyness.

Meanwhile, more hats have arrived:
5 from Meg in NY 3 from Trish at Knittin' and Lovin' It 4 from Susan at Imagine Creative Name Here (plus a mini knit meetup at Wegman's that was so much fun)
2 cupcake hats from Marianne on OK
and 12 from Sarah in NY!

Its so much fun opening hat packages and seeing all the work and love. I was on the phone with Kristy last night as we spoke about how amazing this entire project has been... it started with a measly 300 hats. Kristy thinks we may total 800 (yes, eight hundered) by the time she leaves.
Knitters are so awesome. I just can't wait till we take over the world!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Look at all the hat bounty! I really need to get to the post office... I have my hats all packaged up and ready to go. :0) I'm sorry it's been a rough time, but I can totally relate. Welcome, fall!!

3:45 PM, August 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of hats! Very fun that you posted mine...my 15 minutes of fame, eh? Actually I only gave you 3 so I suspect that the one in the top right corner was knit by Nicole C. since she gave you one that morning too. Hope September brings smiles and happiness your way!

4:48 PM, August 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

800?! That's awesome!

8:27 PM, August 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhh...Don't tell anyone we are trying to take over the world!! They might try to take our yarn away. 800 hats!! Amazing!

8:02 AM, August 31, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

Actually that brown and blue hat is the one I knit.
I hope that September brings you lots of fun and happiness. No more bad stuff.

8:37 AM, September 01, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

sorry ive been AFK for awhile. hope i can see you really soon and give you an in-person (((hug))). miss you and love you lots!!!

9:46 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

You still alive? How's the school craziness going?

1:13 PM, September 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home