Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sew buttons on your underwear

Why is blogger underlining everything? (oh, ok seems to be fixed now...)
So.
Sew buttons on your underwear.
Did anyone else say this as a kid/pre-teen?

I've been taking some classes at Hayes Sewing- the BEST place for classes evah'. I have NO sewing background and have always just sewn by the seat of my pants (and not well). So to have something like this:

just thrills me to no end. Plus it fits (bonus). Its the KWIK START Learn to sew pattern 3302 and I used a cotton fabric. I only had to stay after once to rip and re-sew (RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER, duh)

Next I took the Carol's Zoo class and made this poka-dot puppy:
The boy picked the pattern AND fabric. Dottie came out pretty well, I must say. He is very soft and cuddly and has spent every night in bed with the boy. I think he is a success. In fact I was asked if I was "working on the next project for him". huh?


I did some crochet recently too... this is a Snuggle Bug. Mom needed a gift for a co-worker and I did NOT feel like another pair of booties.

Its really different- I wish I had one when the boy was a baby.

Can you guess what this is?

more evidence in my defense when I murderlize puppy boy.... it WAS a 3 ply handspun light fingering weight yarn for socks. I cannot turn my back for a SECOND. You can imagine what it looked like before I untangled..... sigh. He is going to be the death of me. Anyone want a dog?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Great sewing projects! Yikes your puppy is serious trouble! ;)

1:39 AM, November 12, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome sewing projects! Dottie looks so snuggly.

YIKES, and the puppy is still alive?

6:39 AM, November 12, 2009  
Blogger Tala said...

Hayes is awesome! I took a getting to know your machine class with an ancient Singer, and they were able to fix it up for me and actually get me using it before I left the class. I've always meant to go back and take another class...maybe now that football season's almost over I'll get some ME time!

9:07 AM, November 12, 2009  
Blogger Michele Carey Moody said...

PLease PLease Tell me that this did not go in one end and out the other of Pal. Tell me you did not go CSI and retrieve and clean and untangle this.

11:15 PM, November 12, 2009  
Blogger Tola said...

i knew youd be an awesome sew-er.

6:08 PM, November 13, 2009  
Blogger Monika said...

Congratulations on mastering the sewing! I learned it in school, and hated it at the time, but it's useful to know.
The fabric dog is lovely. Where did you get the eyes and the nose? I've looked for something like that all over, and found it nowhere!
Ah yeah, Happy is also a destroyer of yarn. I never untangled the messes, asked my son to do it, while watching TV. I don't have the patience for that. Now he's more a paper shredder, but still loves to steel fiber whenever he gets the chance.

8:26 AM, November 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home