Sunday, January 17, 2010

Handknit socks in 4 days


I almost boogered it up this year. Oma's birthday comes the same time every year so you would think I'd have it down by now but no. Wednesday I realized her day was Sunday- 4 days away, crap. I'd already purchased the yarn specifically for her it was just a matter of getting it done. I knit her socks for Christmas and her birthday because 1. she loves them so much and tells me. 2. she had chemo a few years ago and hand knit socks are good for the problem feet.

My gauge changed a little as I knit last night at the Wings game (indoor lacrosse), but I steam blocked them and it was good.

Gifted this morning and modeled for pics as long as I didn't get her whole self in pj's ;)

Whew.

Now to get my plan together for the Jr. Great Books group starting this week and I'll feel like I'm finally digging out of the hole.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Your Oma knows what's good! Great socks are always welcome! Oh and Happy Birthday to her!

12:00 PM, January 17, 2010  
Blogger VeganCraftastic said...

Nice, that's some speedy knitting!

3:52 PM, January 17, 2010  
Blogger Dr. B. said...

Thank you so much for your sweet note about my return to the blog! I can't even tell you how it warmed my heart to see an old familiar name there, and so quickly... hooray!

3:18 PM, January 18, 2010  
Blogger Charity said...

Wow! That is super fast! I'd have trouble getting ONE sock done in 4 days! :o)

8:47 PM, January 19, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speed Sock Knitting - if it were an Olympic Event, you'd win!
Oma is one lucky lady!

11:35 AM, January 20, 2010  
Blogger Tala said...

Great socks - you are a knitting goddess...I just finished a pair of socks I started in AUGUST!

Are you always at Wings games? We have season tix...if you're going to be at a game let me know, you can at least meet Henryman!

word verification word: wartizar - wart is there, said by very drunken pirate.

9:35 AM, January 21, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home