Sunday, December 20, 2009

Actual knitting content

In between the Nano movies, I AM knitting, see:Bines in Schaefer Heather, Sage colorway. Good pattern, great socks! I wish these were for me but alas, they were a project for Schaefer yarn. I managed to knit Oma Blu's Christmas socks in plenty of time! I used the Easy Worsted Weight Sock pattern and Encore Worsted for a pair of comfy house socks. I only used ONE skein! there was about 1 yard to spare. She has a women's size 9 or 10 foot in case you were wondering. (that's my size 6 foot modeling) I also got the chance to knit the Anne Slanting Lace Scarf as a sample knit for Schaefer. Knit on us7's (bamboo this time) it was an easy knit until.... I blocked and found a dropped stitch!! NooooooThe drop was close enough to the end of the scarf that I could rip and fix in an afternoon. I took pictures after I ripped and got it back on the needles to take advantage of the good light
The colorway is Sophia Smith, lots of pinks and blues. It will make an awesome spring scarf
I took these pictures on Friday before it snowed. There is NO WAY I could take any outdoor pics now! We got about 24" of snow. The boy and the dogs are loving it. I would enjoy it but have a stupid stinkin' cold most likely from pre-school. The kids like to give the gift that keeps on giving ;)

Hoping to post again soon but if not have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

The Bine socks are lovely. There's nothing better than comfy thick comfy socks. I envy you your snow! There's nothing coming our way any time soon. Lovely scarf too! Happy Holiday!

7:39 PM, December 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two feet of snow?! We only got about 5 inches and that was more than enough for me :-)

Beautiful knits; I especially LOVE the scarf!

7:07 AM, December 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home