Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lesson Learned...........

Stockinette WILL curl, even when you knit big. Even with really big needles and fingering wool. Bleh.

I don't know what I was thinking. Really. Maybe I thought I could get away with it since it was size 15 needles and fingering weight sock yarn? Dunno.

Anyhoo, here is another scribble lace PAIR of curtin panels for the store. They are behind the desk and I really do think they add a nice bit of color back there!

Specs:
Yarn- 2 balls Roses- color 9
2 balls Fortissima Sock yarn- color 1008
Needles - Denise 15's

Inspired by the scribble lace in Mason-Dixon Knitting

Make 2 panels
Cast on 63 by the knit on method, switch to thin yarn, knit 7 rows, swing around or however and knit 1 row of thick, switch again and knit 7 rows of thin.
Use the K2tog bind off and put the last loop on a Q crochet hook to make the top tabs. Chain 3 , skip 5, sl st into next st. repeat across.
Each panel blocked out to be about 25" x 45"

I'm loving the scribble lace! Fun and fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home