Sunday, January 21, 2007

A New Reality Show

Kindergarten Camp Out!

The Objective: Be in the first 100 to line up to get your child into AM kindergarten
The Rules: Arrive early and get your place in line. Bundle up! Remember its January and COLD.
2:00 am- The guy leaning on the school door arrived at midnight. He was totally serious and also, not very friendly. Then me, then M's daddy (a playgroup friend). We are under the *porch* so have plenty of light and much of the wind is blocked.


2:10 am T's mommy (also from playgroup) is number 4
3:00 am More arrive, mostly daddys. M's daddy brought a laptop and DVD player! Camping in style
4:30 am the line extends out to the parking lot... about 90 people. 2 brought propane space heaters and more brought dvd players.... Caddy Shack & Invincible were 2 of the movies showing
6:00 am It actually feels colder! Maybe the wind shifted? By now my toes are cold and as a result I have to pee. The doors do not open till 7 am! aarruugghhh!
7:05 am the doors open, I get my number and RUSH to the potty! Then off to the cafeteria to wait for everything to start at 8am.
Number 2. humph. Just a little bit annoyed about being 2. Really I'm only a *little* bit competative.

Once 8 am arrived the entire process took 3 minutes. Then back home for kisses and a nap!

Their was one casuality- I was working on the fun fur caps (using a 16" bamboo) and use 2 circs when it comes time to decrease. Well, apparently it was TOO COLD for my Denise needles and I broke the join. Did you hear my scream of anguish? People came over to ask what happened. They thought I got hurt. I did finish the hat, limping along with the broken needle, doing the decreases. I started th next but could not face decreasing with the broken bits again...

Well, it was kinda fun in a twisted way. The layered woolens worked well but next time I would bring the sleeping bag to snuggle inside. Also, no plastic needles, no acrylic yarn (cold fun fur feels like yucky plastic).

Morning Kindergarten, Here We Come!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a tragic loss of needle! Every war has casualties, I suppose. I have a fun fur hat on the needles right now, too, but as you well know, I've been sucked in by the sock knitting!

2:20 AM, January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. You've got to be kidding me! Lining up at MIDNIGHT to get your kid into kindergarten? Ella's getting homeschooled, that's it! I mean, I didn't even camp out like that for concert tix! That's insane!

1:40 PM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home