Monday, March 12, 2007

Tulip Skirt

I noticed this skirt when Trish over at Knittin' and Lovin' It knit one for her daughter. Of course I could NOT get any of the Bernat Pink Camo yarn like she did, anywhere locally or on the web (all on back order. Pink camo is HOT now. Who knew?)So, instead of waiting for my back ordered yarn to come in I knit one up in Bernat Denim Stlye for GEM's bday (daughter of good friend JEN) at the end of this month. Just in case the camouflage does not come in time.

Pattern: Tulip Skirt Creative Knitting - March 07
Needles: Denise 8's 24" & bamboo 6's 16"
Yarn: Bernat Denim Style - Wethered Rose

This is so cute an quick I'm knitting another out of Cotton Fleece for the spring window display! I'm going to do the Monica top in Knitty to go with and maybe some felted ballet slippers.
What do you think?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It looks great. I bought the pink camo quite some time ago at my Wal-Mart. There were 3 skeins sitting there on the shelf so I snatched them up. I was going to make a sweater if I could find more but got tired of waiting and made it into a skirt....worked out pretty good. :~) I'm thinking about getting the blue camo that they have and making one with that. I'm going to try the very berry t-shirt in the new magknits.

1:12 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

So cute! I didn't even realize that the new Knitty was up and here you are already making plans to knit something from it! I think that would be a very cute combo, by the way.

5:11 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Too cute! Must knit one for Ella. I was going to try to knit the Mickey skirt from knitty for her bday, but I just finished the Kidlet tank and don't think I have the time to get to the skirt. I love that top from knitty, too! That's definitely on the list! Oh, and so are those ballet slippers! Ella would LOVE them! Because, you know, she's a princess (sheesh!)

8:26 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I think the top will go great with it. You just must get a picture of the recipient in it!

11:28 AM, March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home