Monday, February 26, 2007

Lots of FO's

First up I have my Monthly Dishcloth KAL plus a spare square. The orange is cotton, the purple is Wool Ease. A close up of the lace pattern. This was a lot of fun! Those dishcloth KAL's are a great way to learn new stitch patterns. The moderators make it so easy. P.S. Remember the Spare a Square? (post from 2/7)? I'll be posting a picture of the first prize March 1 with the drawing to be the end of the month.

Next up is my Baby Suprise Jacket KAL with the finished edge. I got a load of good suggestions on how to finish the edge and went with Frauhugs suggestion of a row of crochet matching the color, then there were a few ladies from the knitbabysuprise yahoo group that suggested a crab sittch, which I did in blue all around.
Here is a closer look at the neck with the crab sitch (or backward single crochet)
I'm pleased with how it turned out. Next time I'm going to do Lisa's suggestion (from the knitbabysuprise group) to use my crochet edging as the buttonhole loops.
(Kristy, yes crochet. It really makes a finished edge quickly LOL)

Now I think I would like some nice wooden buttons.....

Last up is a Bunny Blanket Buddy - a free pattern from the Lion Brand Site if you register with them. (for free). I like this! Perfect for those slobbering teething babies! I used Bernat CottonTots , size 7's and size 5's. You can see it just about fits on an 8.5 x 11 inch paper (the bunny is a bit larger) Also, the face looks pretty good too! No angry bunny here! This is for the baby shower for my mom's- cousin's- daughter. (Plus maybe this week I'll do Mary Jane booties)

Now to shovel the ice/snow/slush off the driveway.....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

aaaahhhh.....that blanket it soooo cute. I may have to make that one for my nephew. We know it's a boy now. I'll have to get a post out on my blog about the squares I have so far.

12:12 PM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just printed that pattern for the bunny blankie on Friday. My coworker and I both thought the bunny on the website looked mean! I like yours much better :)

The sweater is beautiful; I think wooden buttons will be cute.

I keep meaning to make a "spare square" - I promise I'll get to it real soon. I just got the 365 stitches a year calendar and thought that'd be a good way to try out some of the stitches.

1:06 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Tabitha said...

Gorgeous color choices and beautiful knitting. Love the bunny blankie.

5:22 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Oh, man, what a fricking cool color choice. They look wonderful!

11:06 PM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home