Friday, March 09, 2007

1 sock plus some more stuff

I have been meaning to post these pictures all week, but it just got away from me. That and the Mr. had 2 days of working from home, so that threw off my schedule!

Here are my Red, White & Blue socks, finally a pair. I started these September of last year and just finished the mate. Yikes! I thought I'd wear these Memorial Day, 4Th of July & Labor Day, but Hey! they look good so I'm wearing them now.
The pattern is the basic sock done on 60 stitches with size 1's. The yarn is Schoeller & Stahl- Fortissima Colori Socka Color.

Then I finally broke down and purchased the pattern for the Leaf Border round cloth by Rhonda White. I have seen this cloth all over blogland and it just looked so pretty! I love the round cloths.
I used my Knit Picks 6's and some Patons Cotton Colors yarn that was given to me in a bag with a bunch of other yarns.

Finally, the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. Or what it was. I loved how it was done starting in the corner, but realized 1. the pattern is on an angle. 2. I made a few mistakes and it looked goofy. 3. since it was done on the angle the squares were unlikely to match with anything else for the "spare squares".So I ripped it all out and will try for the mid-month kal. Can't knit them all !

OTN: the 2nd Aran braid sock, a tulip skirt for GEM, and plans for the spring window....(plus the secret project)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

RC! I cannot believe - I repeat - CANNOT believe - that you ripped out both of those dishclothes. You were t-h-a-t-c-l-o-s-e to being done. You could have used them both for dishclothes.

Honey, I think all that crochet is taking its toll on you! :)

5:18 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh. And the socks are super cool. I love them. How tall is the leg part?

5:18 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would dearly love a copy of the leafy border round cloth. I went to Ravelry where it is listed but it is now unavailable.
If you could send a copy, I would be forever grateful to you. I just wish there was something I could do in return :)
Becky Savage
beckylsavage@gmail.com

10:53 PM, September 14, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home