Friday, March 09, 2007

1 sock plus some more stuff

I have been meaning to post these pictures all week, but it just got away from me. That and the Mr. had 2 days of working from home, so that threw off my schedule!

Here are my Red, White & Blue socks, finally a pair. I started these September of last year and just finished the mate. Yikes! I thought I'd wear these Memorial Day, 4Th of July & Labor Day, but Hey! they look good so I'm wearing them now.
The pattern is the basic sock done on 60 stitches with size 1's. The yarn is Schoeller & Stahl- Fortissima Colori Socka Color.

Then I finally broke down and purchased the pattern for the Leaf Border round cloth by Rhonda White. I have seen this cloth all over blogland and it just looked so pretty! I love the round cloths.
I used my Knit Picks 6's and some Patons Cotton Colors yarn that was given to me in a bag with a bunch of other yarns.

Finally, the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. Or what it was. I loved how it was done starting in the corner, but realized 1. the pattern is on an angle. 2. I made a few mistakes and it looked goofy. 3. since it was done on the angle the squares were unlikely to match with anything else for the "spare squares".So I ripped it all out and will try for the mid-month kal. Can't knit them all !

OTN: the 2nd Aran braid sock, a tulip skirt for GEM, and plans for the spring window....(plus the secret project)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

RC! I cannot believe - I repeat - CANNOT believe - that you ripped out both of those dishclothes. You were t-h-a-t-c-l-o-s-e to being done. You could have used them both for dishclothes.

Honey, I think all that crochet is taking its toll on you! :)

5:18 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh. And the socks are super cool. I love them. How tall is the leg part?

5:18 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Michele said...

YES I agree. I reread it twice you ripped it out? It could have been a gift for the prize closet. You do beautiful work in the future don't rip it out. The Socks are super cool but you said size 1's? My fingers hurt for you. The Round clover cloth is pretty and in time for St. Patty's Day.

7:46 AM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Becky Savage said...

I would dearly love a copy of the leafy border round cloth. I went to Ravelry where it is listed but it is now unavailable.
If you could send a copy, I would be forever grateful to you. I just wish there was something I could do in return :)
Becky Savage
beckylsavage@gmail.com

10:53 PM, September 14, 2015  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home