Monday, April 16, 2007

What Flavor is my LYS?

Dianna over at A Sheep In Wools Clothing wants to know the flavor of my LYS. (I found this via Noolie. Thanks Noolie!)

Technicolor Sheep moved to new spacious digs in Havertown PA last May. (just around the corner from the previous location)
When you walk in the front door, this is what you see...




Directly in front, left, then right... yarn, yarn and some more yarn! The shop is roomy, open and cozy at the same time. Laura (owner and Knit Boss) makes the atmosphere very welcoming with a sitting area as well as a large round table to sit & knit or just chat. (and where I usually dump my bags when I arrive!)

Laura is very knowledgeable and always willing to help with those pesky knit problems.
She has a nice selection of wools (Lamb's Pride, Cascade 220) and well as silk, cashmere and cottons. Plus some speciality hand spun/hand dyed yarns.

To the left there is a HUGE assortment of buttons and a bookcase full of patterns for just about everything. Plus a spin rack of the latest magazines!


In the back, there are baby yarns, patterns AND A PLAY AREA for the tykes! (The Mayor LOVES this feature)



Technicolor Sheep is really a great place to shop or just sit & knit. Stop by and tell Laura I sent you!

*** PS there is even a downstairs area with large tables and good lighting for all sorts of classes****

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

OK....are you trying to entice me to move to PA. :) Looks and sounds like you have a great LYS.

1:31 PM, April 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful shop! How nice that she has a play area; now that's really welcoming!

9:53 PM, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Mindy said...

What a great way to keep kids occupied while mom (or dad) shops. Someday I think it would be fun to tour yarn stores on a trip. I always go into ones when I am on vacation.

Also, I still can't respond to my comments, so I would love to swap and I would use either Cascade 220 or Encore.

3:33 PM, April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home