Monday, October 01, 2007

Blue & Red, Red & Blue

Mom-mom has a friend who has grandaughters who are pregnant and expecting around the same time. (got that?) She asked me to knit baby items for the little cousins and this is what I came up with: Kyle's Kap in Plymouth Encore and matching mittens, all in 6-18 month size, size 7 needles.The mitten pattern is my own, cobbled together from the Knitters Handy Book of Patterns and an idea. See the big thumb? Makes it easier to get the mitten on wiggley hands!

And of course The Mayor, upon seeing me knit the mittens, asks if they are for him..... Uh, no. "oh, I think I would like some mittens for my cold hands." Whoot! he is asking for handknits! Now let's see if he actually wears them! He picked the blue cuff and red hand, I chose to to a pesant thumb and rounded top so they go on either hand. Again, pattern my own. (aren't I getting clever? I only had to rip 2xs!) The picture looks like they are 2 different sizes, but really they match just fine.
Now I'm finishing up a project for a friend... she started socks and has been recently told she is not allowend to knit for an undetermined amount of time (arthritis and other problems). I'm not sure if I'll blog them or not...
Oh and I got another batt from Amanda's Etsy shop! I should be finished spindle spinning that soon. Its called "Goth Princess"- heh!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They look great!

eek, I need my stash so I can get some mittens and hats made for the kiddos before winter hits.

11:06 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

These are very sweet. :0) Don't you love it when they ask for it? Hahahahaha!

11:18 AM, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are so cute! Your title made me think of Red Fish Blue Fish One Fish Two Fish. Don't ask me why; I'm just weird :)


The Mayor knows quality when he sees it! Smart boy you've got there.

10:00 AM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home