Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jackpot

So apparently I suck as a blogger. I have every intention of posting , but get all involved in reading everyone elses stuff. I've always enjoyed reading more than writing....

Plus the charger for my camera battery died so I've been stingy with the picture taking

BUT I did find a replacement on Ebay for only $.98! Only with shipping & handling it came to a little less than $10. Still that's better than having to get a new camera! ( I would still like a new camera soon- maybe after we get a new pc - sigh)


I'm having a lucky streak lately. The Mr. says I should play the lottery. First Noolie sent this for her Light The Night fundraiser- see link on sidebar. Go Donate! (if you win a prize and are not a knitter, I'll gladly take if for you! ) The VK Shawls on the Go! Fun book and a perfect size to fit in your purse or knitting bag... not too big and easy to read.
Next up I won this from Kristy : I told her my embarrassing stories and was the closest to guess the correct number of buttons!
Plus she sent along more soap!!!!!!!! (I traded her handspun for SOME soap- she is crazy generous)I'm going to use these for my Spa Sets that I'm gifting at Christmas. So.Cool.

I have been knitting too.... see another dishcloth & Tribble! The Nubbins pattern (scroll down page) from Knitting in a Happy Camper I used Sugar & Cream Twists in Denim on size 7 needles for the cloth and the Tribble. I LOVELOVELOVE how I can get a cloth + a tribble out of one ball of cotton. It feels thrifty. (of course you can't count the $$$ I've spent on cotton yarn, but still I feel thrifty)
I finished up Mom-mom's project too... 2 cap & mitten sets. I have to upload the pics from the camera.
That's about it for now- I think. I'll try to keep updated here, really. (oh ***t. I just realized I haven't updated Ravelry either.... ack.- maybe later)
TTFN

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

I loooove thrifty knitting! It feels so great to use up all the yarn, plus get an extra project! Yay, you! :0)

Fun new prizes, too! Love all the soap.

2:18 PM, September 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Kristy's either really generous or she thinks you really need a bath ;-) Really though, how cool is that?! You know every time you show us one of your Tribbles, I think I've got to make some of those. Of course, I'm old and I promptly forget. Maybe I should add them to my queue on Ravelry!

7:18 PM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

You DO suck as a blogger! Oh, wait, me too!

Shipped your batt yesterday - figured it wouldn't be fair to make you wait, especially since I have to work Friday - AND I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen Friday night! For free! Rock on!

9:05 PM, September 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only LUCKY winner. I just received a package from your Spare Square drawing! Yippee! I was stunned as I never win anything. Seriously, if I was the only entrant they'd probably give me third place or maybe honorable mention. Anyhow the package was delectable--a skein of Paton's Grace (which I've never bought for myself as it is pretty $$ for our budget, a fat 100 gm skein of Opal Prisma (I want to make socks right now), and a big tube of Aveeno Stress reliever. As I have become a frequent flyer at our local hospital lately and am facing surgery mid Oct. I really need this. Thanks so much! I'll be sending you a snail mail note soon but need to know if you still need some more spare squares of any ilk!

P.S. I'm not a blogger and wouldn't be doing this anonymously but as usual I can remember my ID and all that good stuff!

11:59 AM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home