Wednesday, October 01, 2008

FO's & more

I did a dog sweater. Seriously. Well, its not really a dog, its a chihuahua . Here is Peppy. He belongs to Cookie and her mom (I babysat Cookie lots in the spring)

Peppy is only a few months old and he needed a sweater that would fit. I used Howie's Knit to Fit Dog Sweater (Rav) (non rav) and some Encore Worsted with size 7 needles. Basically its OK.. the math formulas were off so I fudged it. I will do it again and will change it to knit in the round and fix the sleeves so they don't pull. But hey, its cute no matter!

I finished AND blocked my Hemlock Ring Blanket(Rav) (non Rav).62 inches across and 2 skeins of Cascade Eco Wool. Still a big hunk left too
This was such an awesome easy knit... and it would have been done is less than a week if I tried. As it was, it only took 2 weeks of very leisurely knitting.

My dishrag tag team came in 3rd place!

Actually it was a tie, but placement depends on what order the mailman puts the packages in the mailbox. I had such a great team. Everyone was on board and posted lots of encouragement on the DRT forum. Lots of fun and I'll prolly do it again next year.

Last up today is Flat Stanley.Currently he has reservations to go to Long Island NY and see M4 & the cats. Is anyone else interested in hosting Flat Stanley? Basically I ship him off to you, you take some photos of Stanley doing activities in your area (museums, historical landmarks, anything interesting) and you ship him back. As an added incentive (and good manners) he comes with a hostess gift!! lol The Mayor and his first grade class will be thrilled. Any takers?


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blanket!!! Absolutely beautiful! You are so talented!! The dog sweater is cute! 3rd Place for dish rags is awesome and well Flat Stanley looks like a mayor creation. He is getting very good :) Let me know if you need help wtih the project. LT would love to support him :) cheers Kim

1:32 PM, October 01, 2008  
Blogger Charity said...

WOW!! The blanket is amazing - very nicely done! :0) Look at you and the knitting!

1:54 PM, October 01, 2008  
Blogger sUsAn said...

What wonderful FOs you have here! I love that doggie sweater!!! I was just looking on ravelry for one today! Have fun with Flat Stanley!

2:06 PM, October 01, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

I should take Flat Stanley to the delivery room when I give birth to Jr. here! Just kidding - ew!

Gorgeous hemlock ring - mine is stalled because of a simple error I didn't feel like tinking back to fix. I'm a loser.

2:44 PM, October 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to host Flat Stanley. I have plenty of ideas of places we could visit together. Peppy can come too, although I can't guarantee that I'd send him back. I've always wanted a chihuahua :-)

You already know what I think of your knits - wonderful.

5:01 PM, October 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hemlock ring throw. I think you just suckered me into knitting one. *sigh* one more thing on the list.
Peppy's sweater is too cute. I laughed out loud when I saw it.
Congrats on the tie. I think the mail man was paid off to stick the other teams in first. We placed second. I was very happy to place in the top five. Last year we were almost dead last.

6:24 PM, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home