Friday, December 19, 2008

Out in the hall

So.
We stop at WaWa (convience store) tonight after The Mayor's karate belt test. (green belt now, yippie).
He gets a hot dog and some cookie milk. I'm preparing a salted carmel hot chocolate al-la Tola.
The boy looks at my drink and asks "Is that out in the hall?"
me: "eh?"
him: "Out in the hall, you know, out in the hall"
me: "Huh?"
him: "Because I want a taste and I don't want to be knocked out"
me: "ohhhhhhhh. you mean Alcohol. Oh. No, there is no out in the hall in here"


Really, its not like we're big drinkers. less than one a month. I have no idea where he got the bit about being knocked out- 'prolly the bus.


Mishap says: "Time to eat?"

At least someone is using the kitty pi.

oh, did I tell you her story?
Her previous owner came into the vet's office, handed her to a guy in the waiting area. Said "hold my cat, I left my wallet in the car, be right back".
Never came back.
Poor kitty.

So along comes me and there ya go. a 2nd cat. vet gives her a makeover and a clean bill of health and here she is.

She is very sweet and lovey. So far is ignoring Maeve (who stil have not forgiven us for Gunnar, almost 3 yrs later and has crazy kitty potty mouth everytime she sees Mishap- I have not idea where she learned such language)
Missy does not like Gunnar either, but we're working on it. She gave hime a nice roundhouse punch in the nose today. sigh.

Oh and we pick up the puppies tonight.
Story later.
I really should update about my knitting but that would require more brain cells than I have left at this point ;)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

OMG, that's funny! Out in the hall. Kids can be such a crack up.
Mishaps owner did her a favor, she's now in a home where she'll be loved. :)
OK, now what's the story with the puppies....curious minds want to know!

1:29 AM, December 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Mayor on his Green belt! I love the "out in the hall" comment :-)

Can you imagine doing that to a kitty? At least she left her somewhere safe and now she is in a loving home.

Can't wait to hear the puppies story.

8:58 AM, December 20, 2008  
Blogger Charity said...

Out in the hall! I love it! Congrats to the Karate expert on his green belt - that's a big accomplishment!!

Wow, what a household you have! Puppies & kitties & more, oh my! :o)

1:14 PM, December 20, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

so did you like the cocoa?

6:30 PM, December 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home