Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!

Warning- picture heavy post ahead. Mostly due to my inablity to post as I go . Sorry


I was reading email with The Mayor nearby and he saw the pattern for Boo!
Of course he had to have one and what kind of knitter would I be to deny a hand knit request? Knit in Lamb's Pride on US 7's. Safety eyes and poly stuffing. Batty (so named and not by me) has been having a good time I did a hat for myself recently- Alpaca yarn purchases at AC Moore with a coupon. I did a longer top with a tassle and its the warmest hat (next to my Noro hat) that I own. The only problem is that I forgot how much the alpaca will stretch and drape. But still, I think it looks cute.
Deets on my Ravelry page (hopefully)

I finally finsihed the headscarf project I've been toting around for the last few months- the leftover Forest Floor yarn from my Rivendell socks. The scarf is great and worked perfectly for "green day" at preschool! lol The pattern is the Bad Hair Day scarf and I used US 4's. Sorry, it was tough enough getting a pic of me modeling the hat- the ones of the scarf did not work out

I never even posted about my lastest (and prolly last EVER) acquisition.... a Ladybug spinning wheel. I have been kicking myself ever since Maryland Sheep & Wool for not picking one up. Finally I caved and ordered it from The Woolery. I loves it with the heat of a thousand suns. Its just such an awesome wheel, what else can I say?
So far I've spun: 3.4 oz 50% superwash merino, 50% bamboo "Rose Garden" from Butterfly Girl Designs on Etsy (her fibers rock) The yarn came out to be a DK weight and 193 yards.

4oz 100% Alpaca "The New Black" from Spunky Eclectic. I was purposefully going to somehthing thicker and got a heavy worsted yarn, 66 yards. So soft and yummy.

Oh and I finished up the Hemlock Ring blanket expansion- 5 feet was just not enough to wrap around my shoulders. Now its about 6 feet and perfect! Looks the same, just bigger.

OTN, a new muffler for the Mayor, Oma Blu's Christmas socks, a swirl shawl, and about eleventy million other little things- HELP I have startisitus bad!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Oh, my, oh, my, oh, my! How on earth can I keep up with all your goodies!! The blanket is incredible, the bat is the cutest little toy ever, and I love how you got your hat shot!! Whew - I haven't even started in on the yarn excitement yet... :0)

1:38 PM, November 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love the bat and the hat and the blanket and oh my everything!!! M4st check out your rav details. :)

2:45 PM, November 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Batty!

I totally understand your Ladybug love; I love mine too. Your yarn is gorgeous!

8:01 PM, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations are your new addition! I love the bat he is so cute.

10:44 AM, November 03, 2008  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Everything looks great! Here I thought I was the only one that did mega posts. :) Glad to see I'm not alone. I'm having a hard time keeping myself from casting on for something else. :)

4:12 PM, November 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I do NOT want the blame for the startisitus!! Just keep in mind who also aquired a ladybug when they didn't even know they wanted to spin three months ago!! I love the hat. Might have to knit one for myself (Must...resist...new...project...)

5:52 PM, November 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home