Friday, November 28, 2008

Spinning

Hello! Hope everyone had a good Turkey Day! Me? I survived. 'nuf said.

Anyway I thought I'd share some spinning I've been doing before I 1. forget. 2. gift the yarn.
Whoops, too late. I gifted this yarn: Its Rose Garden by Butterfly Girl Designs. 3oz of superwash/bamboo. It has gone to a new forever home , but I do remember it came out DK weight and over 200 yards

Next up is a bulky alpaca from Spunky Eclectic, called The New Black.
Also gone to a new forever home- it was a bulky yarn with about 160 yards, 4 oz.
This is a batt I got from Amanda ages ago and spindle spun- took forever mostly because I just didn't give it attention! Anyway its black with dark purple and bright pink lincoln locks. I plyed on the wheel (I love my wheel) and got 220 yards worsted weight. Fun with the locks and colors. Its gone to hang in the basked of handspun.

This was an awesome roving braid from Moonlight Baker on Etsy4 3/8 oz of BFL in "Black Cherries" colorway. Great spinning- that's all I remember. It has gone to a new forever home (see a pattern here?) and I never wrote down the weight or yardageFinally. this was a batt from EwenMe on Etsy. 3oz of wool/silk/angelina. 9wpi, worsted weight 108 yards. Totally crappy picture.
One of my most even yarns and it just feel great in your hand. Now living in the basket of handspun.
Next post will be knitting- I finished up a kitchen set and Oma Blu's Christmas socks! yippie!





Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

lol...we survived here too. Which is saying a lot since we braved the vicious locals to get the kiddos some new jeans and shoes. ;~)

9:07 PM, November 28, 2008  
Blogger Charity said...

Holy moly, lookkit you go!!! Your spinning is amazing, always so inspiring.

It's interesting to hear you took forever to spin something up... I think one reason I don't spin more is that I don't like to spin anything unless I have time to sit down and spin a whole bunch at once. I'll have to give this "spin for a few minutes at a time" thing a thought or two. :0)

10:46 PM, November 28, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

so ive been spinning. now i want to navajo ply. you-tube is not helping.

10:50 AM, December 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know how you find all that time to spin??????? You do such a wonderful job!

12:59 PM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger livnletlrn said...

You won the Santa Baaas contest on my blog! I sent an email, but also wanted to follow up here. Please LMK your address so I can send your little Santa sheepie stitch marker along. :-)

9:38 AM, December 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home