Monday, June 08, 2009

To Pool or Not to Pool. That is the question

When you knit with a hand painted type of yarn do you worry about pooling? I knit this for Schaefer yarn in their new "Nichole" yarn "Aung San Suu Kyi" colorway. The pattern is Marinero Hat (Ravelry link)- a slouchy style newsboy hat.Fun pattern, great yarn cute model (that's NBB, M4's little one). But as you can see, it pooled. I usually don't worry about pooling, I like the effect. BUT it was a no-go for the yarn company. Whoops, my bad.
So. I ripped and re-knit from 2 balls changing yarn every row.The 2nd set of pics are a little blurry- rainy day and wiggly model, but you can see the difference

I can tell you the yarn handled the re-knit well and looked as good as when it was first knit without even blocking.
But what about you? Do you care if a yarn pools? or are you like me and enjoy the designs in the colors as its knit up?
Anyway, the hat looks great and the yarn is delicious. I highly recommend the pattern if you like this style hat.
In other news, took the puppies to get "fixed" today. "Fixed", hehe. as if they are broken. The house is strangely quiet and poor Gunnar does not know what is going on ;(
Well, they come home tomorrow, I'm sure they will make up for all the quiet and then some.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Great hat! I don't usually worry about pooling, unless it changes the look of something (Ex. major pooling on the front of a plain sweater, that suddenly makes me look even wider than I already am). Generally, I think the way it all knits up is part of the charm of the yarn.

Poor Gunnar! Enjoy the quiet while it lasts! :o)

10:02 AM, June 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home