Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday catch up

Finally a post without puppy pictures!
I really wanted to show you this: I got 1/2 lb of raw alpaca from Granny Maple at North Star Alpacas and O.M.G. is it nice. I just reached into the bag of "Silver Samurai" and grabed a hunk and it spun like 'buttah. Not washed or carded or nothin. The finished yarn is so nice that Knit Boss kept petting it and rubbing it on her cheek!
Alpaca Granny sent a card with Silver Samauri's picture too. How great is that?

I've been spinning and finshed up this yarn a while ago. 2 skeins are one strand of Belly Dancer (Bamboo / Merino / Firestar / Angelina) and one strand of a dark blue merino.

The other skein is 2 strands of belly dancer. Its all about 16 wip- sport, 2 ply and the skeins are 200, 223 and 150 yards. I think thats pretty good yardage for a project. I like the idea of having the blue and maybe striping with the lighter color.
I'll be listing this on Etsy later today.
I finished up a crochet project a while ago too and don't think I blogged itA Queen Anne's Lace scarf crocheted out of Tess' Sock and Baby yarn. Its 5" x 75" and the colors are really really great.
I'm putting this on Etsy too. I'll never use it myself and someone else may love the FO as much as I loved the crocheting.

Last week I got some yarn from Schaefer and knit up this cute little baby sweater-
Its Elaine Child's Cardigan and knit up with just one skein of Schaefer Yarn Company Elaine. This is the Emily Post colorway. I totally forgot to take pics after blocking, but you get the idea.A sweet little baby hoodie and it only took me maybe 4 days. Definately a keeper pattern. The reverse stockinette really looks neat with the thick/thin of the yarn.
As for WIPS, I'm still working on my Mara shawl, the swirl shawl, the Steelers socks and I've some Liberty Fibers "Tartan" on the wheel (hoping for a 3 ply sock yarn)
I may also have purchased a small triangle loom to try weaving. whoops. Didn't see that rabbit hole coming ;) It should be here soon. Will keep you posted.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

You have been so busy! I am a little envious of all your spinning - it looks WONDERFUL!! :O)

9:15 PM, May 27, 2009  
Blogger Alpaca Granny said...

You are incredibly productive and your work is beautiful.
I'm glad that you like Samuri's fiber.
Maple

6:00 AM, May 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home