Friday, November 03, 2006

Crazy Cute

Sit down for this one, 'cause its just too cute! Remeber the Hedgehog from last weekend? Well here he is, all nice and felty with eyes and needle felted nose! I LOVE Fiber Trends. Have I said that lately?
Specs:
Pattern: Fiber Trends Huggable Hedgehogs
Needles: Denise 10.5 and 11
Yarn: 1 skein Lambs Pride worsted in Sable and 1 tiny part of Lamb's Pride in Onyx
1.5 skein of the eyelash yarn Funny
2 12mm eyes- AC Moore
needle felted nose using the same bit of black from the feet.
fiber fill

I LOVE this pattern so much I made a 2nd hedgehog from Cascade 220 tweed! I'll post those pics later this weekend.

The boy loved the hedgehog too! I had to pry it out of his sleeping arms the other night! He was sad when I said this was for the shop. He said, "But Miss Laura has SHEEP!" I know, but the sheep will keep him company!

So, wanna guess what yarn I picked up when we dropped the projects off yesterday? Yup. Lambs Pride- Sable and more Funny!

added later- Julie of the comments reminded me, total knitting time for the hedgehog is LESS THAN 5 hrs! It takes longer to dry!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hedgehog is adorable, as is the boy! I've had that pattern (for the hedgehog, not the boy) for quite a while and just haven't gotten around to making it. I may have to put it on my list.

1:53 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger RC said...

well, I can tell you the pattern for the boy is a bit more complicated and takes oodles of time each and every day, but is Totally Worth Every Minute! LOL

I forgot to mention the hedgehog takes less than 5 hrs Knitting time! So bump it up on the list!

1:59 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh Colleen! I need one of those hedgehogs. Ahh. Seriously - he has stolen my heart! When am I possibly going to find the time to knit that freakin' hedgehog!?

11:50 PM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home