Monday, March 26, 2007

Birthday Shrug

In a mad rush, I "designed" a shrug to go with GEM's birthday Tulip Skirt. I finally realized earlier in the week that the Bernat pink camo yarn was not coming in time for me to make a 2nd skirt so why not make her a little matchy something?

After much talking , consulting and web searches I came up with this:
She looks thrilled, right? (end of party and tired of Auntie RC dragging her around for pics) I was still knitting it as she was unwrapping her other gifts. doh!

Still, it came out just like I wanted.. a little fitted so its not too fiddley. The same easy care yarn and its pink. There ya go.

If I can decipher my notes and get a bit more time, I'll post the recipe.

Coming Soon- even more FO's !

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It looks great! I'm hoping to cast on for another one for Kaity here in the next few days.

7:44 PM, March 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a perfect "matchy something"! She looks adorable in the set and it couldn't fit her better. Good job, Auntie RC :)

5:26 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Mindy said...

Perfect! Is there any other way to finish a knitted gift?

7:54 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Too cute! I MUST knit that skirt for Ella - she'd love it, it's so nice and twirly! The shrug looks great!

8:31 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

The shrug is precious - and it looks just perfect on her. The skirt - so cute - it is all just a darling ensemble.

As for the tired-of-pictures model, you should watch an episode or two of America's Next Top Model and you will discover that the bored-I-don't-really-care look is totally in. ;)

12:23 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home