Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Catch the wave

Have you seen these? I lovelovelove them. Really. So many variations, so classic.

While waiting for my official KAL join up, I started 2 ripples. Yup 2. The first will be primary colors-blue, red, green & yellow. Small size for display at the shop (and hopefully enough to do a ripple in knit too)
The next is a bit larger and done in Caron Brights, seven colors! So.Much.Fun. It just makes me smile each time I work on these fun colors. It will eventually go into the AI duPont charity bag. I'm using the pattern from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns book called "Smartie" and an H hook for both.
I finished the Tulip Skirt in Cotton Fleece and started the Monica top too! I need to get these clothing items done by the end of the month when we change the window display. The ripples will by my AI knitting.

BTW, has anyone ever done/participated in a yarn swap? How does it work? We are thinking of doing something similar at the shop and wanted a better idea of how it works.

**Mindy makes good points... maybe we should do this "live" at the shop instead of shipping stuff. That could be a fun event! Just a swap table type of thing? More ideas?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

The ripples look good. I may have to try one as a stash buster for all those leftovers I have laying around.

I have done a few swaps. I think the best is to have it planned to the tinniest detail. When the packages must ship by, how many packages, minimum amount to be spent are must haves. I think it is also good to have a backup system for those that fail to send after signing up. The secret pal swaps have the rules they follow on their blog, I think it is sp10.blogspot.com.

10:48 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

I love the ripples. I wonder if that method could be used to add a border to a knitted something...

11:23 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The ripples look great. I haven't done any crocheting lately. I don't need another project though...lol. I have the 200 Ripple stitch book too. I love it.
Can't really help out to much with the swap issue since I just started my very first swap.

12:46 PM, March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ripples look great!

1:38 PM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home