Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm so sad...

"Note from Laura

Since we opened, The Technicolor Sheep has endeavored to bring knitting into the lives of as many people as we could. We've happily watched both new and experienced knitters grow and enjoy the many benefits knitting offers. However, after nearly 5 years in business, we have decided to close our doors. Our last day in business will be Saturday, May 19.

This decision was a difficult one, most especially because it means no longer seeing so many of the friends we've made over the years on a regular basis. I truly hope that we were able to succeed in making knitting a permanent part of your lives and that you continue to knit for many years to come.

All of our remaining merchandise will be on sale; you can see details on that and additional information about our closing below. Best wishes to all of you who have been so kind and supportive over the years. I'll leave you with one last piece of knitting advice, which I hope will stay with you forever (some of you have heard me say this before): To avoid disappointment in your knitting, always knit a gauge swatch!

~ Laura"


I'm so very sad, for Laura and myself and Irma. No more sitting at the round table making plans, knitting and telling stories. Its ironic that I just posted about the flavor of my LYS this week and now its closing. I don't know what else to say.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tala said...

I'm totally bummed! I was planning on making time to get up there more often to just sit and knit and enjoy being around adults! I'm heading up today so I can get my yarns out of her way and shop a little (still need baby sweater yarn). I thought maybe you knew about it - she must have kept it close to the vest. So sad.

7:34 AM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger Mindy said...

That is so sad. There is nothing better than walking into your favorite LYS and just soaking it all in.

10:02 AM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Oh I'm so bummed for you all. It's super sad to see a LYS close it's doors. If I lived closer to one I would be shopping at it too. *sigh*

10:22 AM, April 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that really is sad! I know how I'd feel if my LYS closed.

3:25 PM, April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home