Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Toe-up socks finished

First I wanted to show my Knit Picks order that came Monday...
Needles, some sock yarn (yes, more black!), Cotlin to try, and books that were 40% off! DH choked when I showed him the bill and said "I thought you were done buying yarn?" hhahahaha, silly man!
Let's talk socks... I finished both socklets and used the heel from the Summer Interweave (the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts heel in Simple Socks:Plain and Fancy)
Look at these HOLES! Cripes! They were on both sides... I finally figured that if I knit the K3tog's as they were (twisted) it filled in a bit and not to sssp the P3tog-tbl's first, just do the P2tog-tbl and make it tight!
See here it looks better but still not great.Socklets on feet
With Crocs


I like the socklets and think they look fun with the Crocs and I am pleased with my final toe BUT:
They are 64 stitches around and my full socks with the same yarn and needles were only 60 stitches. I didn't think those 4 extra stitches would make a big difference but yeah, they do. The socks just are not snug enough.
The heel looks like crap even though the holes are better. It just looks sloppy to me. I'm going to try the short row heel with wraps from the Wendy Knits book- also explained on her blog wendyknits.net. I'm sure this technique is other places too....
So, if you have a heel you like please let me know since I will be ripping the socklets back to the toe for a makeover....
Later 'Gater

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Love the KP order! Mine just arrived the other day, and I ordered Charmed Knits, too. My son has already decreed that I must knit him a pointy hat and a cloak for Christmas (he's also asked his dad to make him a wand :0)

You'll have to let me know how you like Spin to Knit, and the Cotlin, too!

6:37 PM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yeah Yarn! All knitters need yarn. :~)

6:39 PM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Adorable little socklets! I want to knit socklets soon, too. The best heel I've knit is the one from the Monkey socks (knitty). I don't know if it's different from others, but it came out the best by far, no holes or anything. But it's a flap heel, and if you're knitting toe-up, I don't think it'll work. Hmm. I need more sleep.

Have you started spinning that second batt yet?

8:24 AM, July 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your loot!

Mel has a good tutorial on the Sherman toe & heel on his blog (http://cabezalana.blogspot.com/). It's easy and it looks good. Give it a shot.

Your socklets are so cute, too bad they're too big.

5:27 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home