Monday, July 23, 2007

What's Up?

Well, first up - Harry Potter was delivered to my house Saturday and ALL KNITTING HALTED until 7:30pm Sunday. 'nuff said.

Next- Here is my Booty Package from the Yarn Pirate club. (now that I'm not in danger of spoiling it for anyone) Sock yarn, a YP pin and some yummy handmade soap....Can everybody say Oohhhhhh? The colorway is called "Rum Runner" Next up- 2 dishcloths. The first is Bamboozled from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL yahoo group And the 2nd is "O Little Town". I test knit this over the weekend from Susan at Knitsalittle.com

Lastley- my toe up socks. Kristy and Charity and myself are forming our own support group.

Here is my progress so far: first sock done up to cuff following the directions from Interweave (which are very good and have a nice picture of the cast on)

2nd sock cast on from the opposite end and knit up to the foot. This time instead of M1's left and right I just did Kf&b. Much much better! less potty mouth, no lost stitches and neater looking all around.

I'm going to try the short row heel again and see if I can make it look better. If not, then I'll research different types of heels or go back and just go my heel flap.

I want to get both socklets out of the leftover yarn. The bit in the middle is what I have left... can I make it?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

1. The Booty Package ROCKS! I love the Rumrunner. Do you have something in mind for it?

2. I couldn't make the picture bigger but is it safe to assume that O Little Town is a Christmasy square?

3. Your socks are stellar, of course. I have a question: from cast on edge to completion of all the increases (to the foot part, I guesss) how many inches?

4. I am putting in my vote for yes, that you will have enough yarn.

3:30 PM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I haven't been doing the dishcloth kal. Guess I need to get back into it soon. I like that pattern.
I love the socks. What color/yarn are you using....Kaity would love them. :~) I need to get brave and try toe ups.

7:25 PM, July 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll have enough yarn. Great job on the toe-ups. I love that colorway; I made some socks with that and gave them away. Of course there's leftovers so I guess Clover will be getting some :)

Great Yarn Pirate package!

7:25 AM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home