Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Packages from afar

Back in February I received the best package from Canada. Specifically from Charity ! She sent a fun Pokemon game for the boy, fiber, candy, yarn, a lamb (Meekins she is living with my ladybug wheel right now) and some totally nifty sew items like a tissue pack holder and key fob.Can you see the yarn? Kidsilk haze! yummie! And the fiber? You can't see the color of the ball, but its just beautiful PLUS the white package is SILK- squeeeee. Dye or spin as is? gonna be a tough call. There was 2 small boxes of candy too, a HUGE chocolate covered cherry in each. I shared one with The Mayor and hid the other (so well that I can't find it now). So good. I googled , but it looks like they are only made in Canada. There are a few on line retailers though, so I may have to get more.


I forgot to put these socks in last weeks post. A pair of "Purse Socks". You know, the socks you carry around with you and work on while waiting? They are Austermann Step in color 0027

My basic sock recipe on us 1's. Fun color and I made no effort to match. I think they are more fun this way.

I'm working on a sample knit for Nelkin Designs Its a great knit and I'm sure it will be very popular. The new purse socks are for The Mayor. They take no time at all! I'm already done the first and of course its the beginning of the month so there is a new dishcloth design to knit as well.

The new laptops are working out OK. Windows 7 is very different and I'm trying figure out how to do stuff without locking it up every day, but no go so far. Not sure if its the OS or the user ;) But I did get all my iTunes music and podcasts onto the new so that's the most important thing.

I think I'm going to look for that other chocolate covered cherry now....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

I hoped you would like those treats! I remembered another friend from the states, who would buy a case of them whenever he was up visiting... I thought you might get a kick out of them. :o)

4:34 PM, April 06, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet of Charity; that is a great package she sent!

Love your "purse socks"; my current travel socks are taking FOREVER to complete. It could have something to do with the fact that I ripped out a sock and a half and started over :-( Maybe I should start some socks for Clover; those would certainly work up fast.

9:40 AM, April 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home