Friday, January 26, 2007

1 party, 2 FO's


Yesterday I had a playgroup birthday party for The Mayor. He is going to be 5 years old! He is the cutest, cudliest, nice-est, smartest little boy and I am the luckiest Mommy. I just want him to stop right here and just stay this way. Sometimes that makes me want to cry. Is that crazy?

So there was Monkey Bread, spinach dip, puppy chow, Scooby Snacks, coffee, water juice and brownie bites, everyone was well fed. The kids ran around like lunatics and the mommies chatted. After the Happy Birthday and gifts the kids ran around some more. T got the mini wooden hockey stick and was wacking the tunnel, unfortunately L was IN the tunnel at the time and got a nice cut on the back of his head. BLOOD everywhere (you know those head wounds) and off to the E.R. (just down the road). The good news is there were no stitches necessary, just ointment and converings. Whew!

After cleaning up I got out the cotton and whipped up a dishcloth for myself. Its the 4 corners dishcloth by Abigail at 1870 Pearl. She made a word doc you can download for the cloth. I LOVED this. Just what I needed to wind down yesterday. I picked a happy color and just kept knitting.... of course there are a few places I completely zoned so a few mistakes but it was therapy knitting and just for me. I love it no matter what!
I also finished a crocheted fleece blanket this week, to go to my charity project. This is from Crochet Today October 2006 issue. Basically you get a piece of fleece, blanket stitch around, then crochet a ruffle into the blanket stitch. Fun and quick! It took me almost as long to do the blanket stitch around as it did to do the crochet part. The fleece came with 2 squares, you are supposed to make a pillow by cutting fringe and tying the 2 pieces together, but instead I'll get 2 blankets out of it!
I'm going to be cleaning again and getting ready for the big shin-dig tomorrow.... wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those head wounds really do bleed! Glad it turned out to be nothing too serious.

Love the baby blanket. What a great idea.

What do you think of the Crochet Today magazine? I've been considering getting a subscription, but haven't seen enough issues to know if it's worth it.

12:34 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so gald that you liked the pattern.

Be sure to send a pic and enter the contest.

7:34 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crochet, too? I had not idea!

It sounds like the birthday party was a blast, head wound excluded, of course. My birthday is Thursday. Do you think you can make monkey bread for my birthday? yummy!! :)

11:55 PM, January 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home