Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Spin, Spun, Spun

Ok, first go over to Amanda's wish her a Happy Blogiversary and enter her contest.

Next, LOOKIT I GOT! I bought these from Amanda's Esty shop. I may just go get the rest, so you better hurry. Yummy!
Now check this out...
I FINALLY caught up with Amanda at the shop yesterday and she gave me Christmas presents! Whoot! These *were* bits of fiber, but there were and are so awesome I spun them up immediately. See how the smaller skein is 2 ply? That's to better hold in the tufts of ANGORA! There is a bit of angelina in that one too.

Look at this one - I really tried to get a worsted weight, thick/thin yarn and its not too bad. After soaking and setting the twist, its almost a balanced skein ( with slubs and thin bits that are over twisty but on purpose, really!)

Next up is the rest of the batts Amanda gifted me. I'll have to ask her what all these are again (hey you, post a note in the comments). The colors are great, the fiber so soft and yummy.... Must.Resist.Fiber

Really, I have much to do to get ready for the Mayor's 2 parties (playgroup tomorrow and family/school friends Saturday) Really. I'll spin these up Sunday....

um ok. so maybe I slipped and the top purple skein is on my spindle. but I can stop anytime. really.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Really pretty yarn!

I wanted to say thanks for the help a few months back with the Mary Janes and let you have a peek at the finished projects from that Annie's Attic Catalog. You can see them at knottyandnice.blogspot.com

Thanks again and hope your kitty is better!

1:50 PM, January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fiber! I have a spindle but haven't learned to use it yet. Amy (Boogie Knits) has said she'll help me at SPA Knit and Spin weekend in Portland in 3 weeks. I can't wait to learn to make beautiful yarn like yours :)

6:26 PM, January 24, 2007  
Blogger RC said...

That's right.... just keep rubbing it in, you get to go to SPA! I'm so totally jealous

9:47 AM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, thanks for the plug!

The top one is Coopworth and Tussah silk (the dark purpley one). The burgundy one is merino with I THINK cotswold locks carded into the layers. The bottom one is "White Chocolate" alpaca - I only carded it once, so it may be a bit "locky" but it should spin nice!

Thanks again for having us at the par-tay! Good luck tomorrow!

1:46 PM, January 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home