Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Da Loot

I went to MDSW and got:

Not one but TWO Golding Ring Spindles! The larger is as Celtic Ring, 3" cherry and walnut, 1.9 oz. The funky looking smaller is an Aromatherapy spindle, 2" cherry and walnut, .95 oz. There is a small cup st the top of the aromatherapy spindle and you take a bit of cotton, put a drop of lavender oil (or whatever) and put the cotton in the cup. The fan blades waft the calming scent up as you spin. I love them both and have been spinning madly since Saturday!

Something called * Party in a Bag* from Pucker Brush Farm- they had baskets of this wonderful stuff that you stuffed into a bag for like $34 a pound. Amanda and I split a bag. I started spinning this on my Ashford spindle. Fun!

The lovely wooden nostepinne came from Mr Bill Hardy of Turnstyles. I've been wanting one of these for a while and cannot wait to practice winding different shape yarn balls Um, it gets a little crazy here - the paper bag has a felting kit for shoe inserts (one of the few "what was I thinking" purchase) to the right of that is a face spritzer of lavender water. The 2 balls of fiber were another thing I split with Amanda. Merino from Brush Creek Farm - Rocky Coast colorway. She made me crazy with this- we passed it about 1/2 dozen times and she kept talking about it. Me- "Wanna go halvzies?" Her- "Noooo, its too much. You don't have to". Rinse & Repeat 5xs. She finally caved to my pressure, muh-haha!

Below the bag is a little container of cuticle rub and a tub of pure Shea Butter from RJ Caulder @ Breezy Willow Farm ( I'm a lotion addict) and the white stuff is BAMBOO fiber from Shadeyside Farm. To the left of the bamboo is a GRAFTON BATT and I cannot remember the vendor where I purchased this. I'm pretty psyched to spin this.

The bottom row is more of the Party in a Bag in greens, a green & purple batt (just because it was pretty and looked like a muppet) and 4oz of Merino in Primrose from the Drafting Zone (I hoping to spin this into a lace weight for the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. Maybe using my aromatherapy spindle- muh-haha

And finally - yarn from Tess' ! SCORE! whoot! Even early in the day, this outside booth was crowded! 30 mins in line just to pay! (and shop more) I got 4 skeins of sock yarn and 2 lace. Really nice yarns in super colors. I'm not a pink person, but pink and gray??!! Can you say 80's? It about leapt into my arms!
What a really great day. I can't wait to go again next year and check out spinning wheels!

Oh and next year remind me to take better notes. I have receipts and scribbles all over and have no idea what most of it means.

I'd like to take a minute here and thank my Mom and The Mr who gave me cash (Mother's Day, birthday and Christmas 07 !!) so I could go and loose my mind to the wool. I'm a lucky girl to have family that supports (but not always understands) me. ThankYouMomandMr. !LoveYouSoMuch!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Nice haul! Love the new spindles. Oh to have been there to shop.

7:27 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Mindy said...

Great haul! I love the celtic spindle. So pretty.

9:08 AM, May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those spindles! You really got some nice loot.

9:59 AM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home