Monday, April 30, 2007

Aran Braid Socks

Finished! These were travel/karate knitting so they took a bit longer, but they were worth the wait!

The toe is rounded on this pattern. Love how they fit!
(I really do have an arch on my left foot, just not sure where it went for this picture)
TaDa!
Aran Braid Socks- Pattern from Knit Picks. Knit with Knit Picks Bare on 2 Knit Picks 16" 1's

The pattern is a nice reversible cable that is easy to memorize. I only do 5" cuffs and have small feet so there may be enough left over for another pair! If I had been thinking (right!) I would have made the cuff longer to take advantage of the reversible pattern. Maybe next time!

Just.Keep.Knitting

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those socks!

8:31 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They came out great! :~)
I have some of the regular Knit Picks Bare sock yarn....been thinking about doing some kool-aid dying with the oldest.

9:37 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Too cute! I've got to knit those puppies - and I love the tweedy bare yarn. Haven't knit with any of the Knit Picks sock yarn - how does it compare?

6:18 AM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

ohhhh....ahhhh....The socks are beautiful. I love the pattern. It looks like a happy, rhythmic knit. Are these your first socks from this yarn? I have been debating the KnitPicks bare so I can try some dying....

As always, you do beautiful work. Am I the only that is still fascinated that a knitted toe can look roundy/pointy and still fit so beautifully?

12:26 PM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger madhu said...

I love those socks, they are very cute.

I just purchased Nike shoes from shoedeals4u.com and its
great. So I will be going for this socks in couple of days.

3:29 PM, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home