Monday, August 06, 2007

Houston, we have a heel....

Its the Sherman heel- a no wrap short row. Go here to see. Also check the links he referenceses. The technique looks very similar to Nona's Japanese short rows - but without her safety pins.
See, no holes?Of course since its so easy I had to make it a little more complicated..... I put mini rubber bands as markers each time I slipped a stitch, since I could NOT keep track or even read my knitting last night (I have a cold. Makes it hard to focus...)

Really though, its an easy heel to learn and looks good. I'm almost finished the ribbing on the mini socks and will post a pic soon.

I'm taking a break and starting a pair of cuff downs. After that I'll go back and try Charity's tutorial. I love learning new techniques and figureing wich works best for me!

Stay cool!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Woo Hoo! This looks awesome! I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try, I love that there are no holes! :0)

11:37 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yeah! Glad to here you found a heel that works. Hope you start feeling better.

1:36 AM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

I am going to attempt this today. Today. No more delaying. I do like the look, the lack of holes. I am worried about my tendancy to knit to tightly but I've finally convinced myself to do it. Wish me luck.

6:20 PM, August 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your heel looks great!

9:20 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home