Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday Sky & Socks

Nice sky, but really muggy today. My hair is crazed and I think I need to trim my bangs again.. I can't see with them flopping around. I finished one re-do of the toe up socks. (the one on the left is the re-do)
It fits much better and you can see by eliminating those 4 extra stitches every row, I got lots extra for the cuff.
BUT I'm still not thrilled with the heel. You can not even tell from these pics that there is a difference between the PGR heel on the left and the short row with wraps on the right. It does look a bit better in person, but I'm going to try the short rows another way for the next heel (no, that will not bother me)

I'm going to try the heel Noolie told me about too... a Sherman Short Row Heel. Looks neat!

Stay Cool...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It's amazing at what 4 extra stitches will do to your sock. :~)
You'll find that perfect heel for you.

10:09 PM, July 28, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

You are so cool, with all your knitting and experimenting. It really is amazing how much difference a few stitches will make. I'm looking forward to seeing your other heel attempts. For once, I am thankful I am slow, so I can learn from your trial and error! :)

10:13 PM, July 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home