Wednesday, August 01, 2007

1 pair of socklets- Done.

I love these socks, even with 2 different heels.
but you can't really tell....
just 2 methods of hiding the wrap.


Specs: Toe up socks
Yarn: leftover Trekking XXL color 134
Needles size 1 Kit picks 2 circs

Pattern: Toe from Interweave Knits summer 07, short row heel from here on the first sock and here on the second.

I do enjoy the toe from Interweave (an Eastern Cast-On) and think it looks good. The heel, um still working on one I really like. While I did like the 2nd method of knitting wraps, in the end they look pretty much the same. The PGR heel from the magazine... well, we all saw how that worked, eh?

Next sock (I have lots of left-overs) I'll try the heel Noolie recomended- a Sherman Short Row and then Charity said the Sockknitters toe up tutorial is good.

I already have the next pair OTN but since its the EXACT same color it will make for bad blogging. I'll let you know about the heel though.

OH and some stealth knitting- ssshhhh!

Stay cool

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tala said...

Thanks for having us over the other day! It took me a good hour to get Ella calmed down enough to take a nap - she kept laughing and telling John all about how funny Gunnar is!

Try this method of wrapping: http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/2005/04/japanese_short_.html

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks great!

6:48 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Oh, and I'm finishing up the Jaywalker, and am already halfway through the heel of the Apple Crisp sock! I love 2 circs!!

6:54 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

Ooooh, stealth knitting sounds exciting! I can't believe you've finished a whole pair of socks, when I'm still working up the foot of my first one! :0)

8:07 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh stealth knitting is always fun! ;)

I am excited about your heel experimenting. I am currently at two inches from full length on the foot of the first sock and I am doing my usual method of stopping and starting the second sock (it has been a successful deterent against the second sock syndrome.) That should give you plenty of time to do the Sherman heel! :)

Have I told you lately how much you rock!?!

12:20 AM, August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home