Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How much sock you can knit in 9.5 hrs

A little bit more than this: I had to rip some out when we got home.

Oh, from where you ask? The ER at AI duPont. The Mayor could not make it through the summer without an emergency.

He whacked his head and got a Vertical laceration which required surgery & a plastic surgeon. He looks like a little Revolutionary solider.
Here he is the next day. It looks great and there is practically no bruising. Its just a bad spot.

After the initial trauma, he was great! NO crying or carrying on! Really amazing.

So naturally, little else has been accomplished at the RC house. However, Amanda and blogless Kim came to visit today and guess what???? Amanda left her Lendrum wheel here for me to play with while she is away! Yippie! We had a fun visit and The Mayor got to play with the kids and all is good.

I'm going to spin now and will post pics of finished yarn later.

Later 'Gater

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Oh poor kiddo. Glad to here he's doing better. My mom went through that every summer, one of us kids would get hurt....normally my brother. :)

4:53 PM, August 15, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

Oh, My Goodness! I'm so glad he's okay! I often think I suffer far more than they do when these injuries happen! :0)

Very exciting news about the borrowed wheel - have fun!

7:00 PM, August 15, 2007  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

OH! Poor Mayor!

Do they think it's going to scar much? I know you mentioned plastic surgery...

Poor kid.

Trips to the er is not something I'm looking forward to in the future, but I know it's inevitable.

10:07 AM, August 16, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh my gosh, honey! He really does look like he is in good spirits, all things considered. How did he manage this? Poor guy! I am glad he is home and on the mend. Give him kisses from me!

1:21 PM, August 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home