Friday, November 30, 2007

Lots of FO's...

Warning: very picture heavy post!

First up: 2 mock-mocks or Dickies as they are commonly called (tee-hehe I am ten yrs old). I hate for my neck to be cold and made one last year for myself- then lost recently.They are my own "makey up" pattern , Adrienne Vittadini Trina yarn, 7 16" circs, raglan increases. I did them a little different this time with ,raglan increases and it works well. Last time I did a flap in the front and back which is good for V neck shirts. I love them because it looks like you are layered, have the neck area covered and can easily take them off when you warm up.

Next is Sitcom Chic.
I used Caron Simply Soft Shadows and don't like it. I like it well enough in the skein and knitting, but just didn't like anything once I actually put it on. I think its just heaver than I imagined or whatever.... I sewed ribbon on the inside of the edge and put the clasp on. Its going to be gifted to someone at Christmas now. Oh well, try again!

The Mayor and I made some gnomes (there were more, but they went to live elsewhere) courtesy of Kristy's blog surfing...Fun project to do yourself or with a kid. The Mayor had a really good time.

Next: Clover Leaf Socks in Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted. The pattern is Lorna's Laces, it and the yarn were purchased at Loop when I went for the dyeing class.Lookit that heel! Finally a short row heel I like and looks good. These are comfy and were a quick knit.... to be gifted to someone special (and if they don't fit they are MINE!)Last up my Killer Mantis socks! LOVELOVELOVE 'em
The pattern is from Lorna's Laces, called "Slipped Rib Socks". The yarn is my Yarn Pirate October club yarn, "Killer Bees" colorway.
I started these Saturday and finished Wednesday night. A great combination of easy pattern and super yarn made this a quick knit. The pattern is great for showing off handpainted yarns and easy to memorize- only 4 rows (& 3 are the same). Mr Wonderful commented that they didn't look like bees at all- more like Mantis hence the name change.

I love these socks so much, they make me smile every time I get a glimpse of the green. I even washed last night so I could wear them again today!

Ok, I think I'm all caught up now... whew!

Next up- finishing Spa Sets for Christmas and a pair for Gentleman socks for Mr Wonderful.





Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, that's a lot of FO's! I love the little gnomes; they're so cute. And the Killer Mantis socks really make me smile :-)

5:15 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Wow....you've been busy!
Those gnomes are super cute and how can you not smile when you see your Killer Mantis socks. I know how soft LL worsted is so those socks have to be a dream on your the feet. :~)

6:43 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

WOW! you worked fast. I cannot believe you finished the killer mantis socks already. They look great complete.

8:31 PM, November 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot done good goo! And I love those lornas laces socks - just gorgeous!

7:56 AM, December 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home