Friday, November 02, 2007

Doodlebug Sweater and No-Tie Hat

The baby sweater is finished!
specs: Doodlebug Raglan Sweater for Baby (scroll down)
needles: Knit Picks size 6
Yarn: Moda Dea Cherish
This is a great pattern, knitted top down and you can use any yarn from fingering to heavy worsted! Plus the sizes fo from 0-6 months to 4T !
How pretty are those pearl buttons?

Next up is the No-Tie baby hat
specs: no-tie baby hat - swakknit.com. I purchased my kit at Patternworks
I used the same yarn doubled to get gauge on 7's.
This is another super pattern since directions come in Knit AND crochet!
The idea is you take a Petal flap and pull it through the slot on either side- No-Tie!
I was pleased the the baby's mommy was thrilled. She is supposed to take pictures of the baby in the outfit so I'll upload when I get them.

I've also finished a set of fingerless mitts for myself and started another sweater- this time for me! pics soon

Have a great weekend

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater and hat are too cute! I love the seed stitch edging and collar on the sweater; and the white - so sweet!

6:40 AM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger sUsAn said...

How sweet! Glad they were well received! Looking forward to seeing the little one in them.

9:26 AM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh my gosh!! The sweater is sweet but I LOVE the hat. So cute!!! I must have that pattern and make that hat! (And I will overlook that it can also be crocheted.)

11:47 AM, November 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home