Wednesday, December 05, 2007

All knitting has stopped.....

On Saturday after a long week of email and phone calls, I got a spinning wheel!!!!! An Ashford Traditional to be exact!

Here she is as soon as I got home and did a bit of spinning (with supervision)
Then I cleaned her up and gave her a good wood conditioning. Looks so pretty!

Since then I have not knit a stitch (well, actually I knit a little at the pre-work meeting yesterday).
I spun up these 3 skeins-
Spun and plied what is on the bobbin here (pic later)
And have been having the BEST TIME getting to know my new friend.
Of course its not all sunshine and roses....

but we are getting along great!

You know its bad when you get annoied at the other household members for things like Dinner and Bedtime, since they interrupt your spinning groove.

Today I really really need to get the Christmas decorations up and the house straightened for playgroup this afternoon.... then its back to spinning!

I'll post again soon... I won an award AND a prize! plus I'm going to participate in PIF so if you were planning on PIF'ing too, wait for my post! In the meantime, go on over to Noolie's and congratulate her on the birth of grandaughter Clover.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

WooHoo!!! She's purty!

The only decorations we've managed are the ones outside. Oh I did manage to put up the tree and string the lights but that's as far as it's gotten. I did wrap a few presents.

12:42 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Congrats on your new wheel! Happy spinning!

1:07 PM, December 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you; I know how much you wanted a wheel. You are a spinning machine! I've got to get my wheel back out; I haven't had a chance to spin in over a week and you are really making me crave it!

8:32 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Tala said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the new wheelie goodness! We must have a spin-in - minus the kiddies (who needs the distraction?)!

11:35 AM, December 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home