Monday, December 24, 2007

Hello, Merry Christmas and I'm done.

While waiting for my Trekking xxl to come in, I finished this:
1 dickey (or Mock mock) in Maggie's Merino Aran. I love these. Perfect for 1 skein of stuff and they add that extra layer to keep my neck warm. (my own made up pattern on 16" 7's)
Then I finished up the test knit for Kristy- "Lori's Socks"
Done in Knit Picks Simple Stripes (I won from Barbara Bretton this summer) on us 1's, 2 circs.
Look at that Sherman Heel!!!
Here is another view of the pattern-
A fun pattern that is knit toe up and looks good without being boring. I heard a rumor she may make it available on her blog some time, but not real soon. Poor kid is still recovering from ankle surgery (again!) and when we last spoke on the phone, she was pretty loopy. Send those healing vibes her way.

Saturday my order came in from Simply Sock Yarn company (quick shipping) and I was able to finish Mr. Wonderful's Gentleman's Socks! wh00t!

Obvisouly they are a bit big for me... but you get the ideaI lovelovelove this pattern! Even though I ran out of Trekking, it was worth it. They really are manley socks. The sitch pattern is so clever without being crazy or boring. I was even able to knit on them while the Mayor had karate. So be warned if you make a man's size 9 sock, you will need a little extra! (I already have plans for the rest of this color 90 Trekking)

That's it! I'm all ready for Santa and now I'm knitting on Alpaca Sox for ME! Oh I did a bit of spinning too, but I'll save those pics for later.

Have a Very Merry Christmas everyone!



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been busy! Great looking socks - both the test knit and the Gentlemen's socks. And what a great job on the Sherman Heel! I've got to work on that technique a bit more.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

8:28 PM, December 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home