Thursday, December 20, 2007

Potty Mouth

I would have finished Mr Wonderful's Gentleman socks yesterday except for this: That disturbance in the Force was my scream of anguish and frustration. 7 pattern repeats (4 rows each) and toe decreases left and I run out of sock yarn!!!!! WTF? Its Trekking XXL- I thought those balls just went on forever? Its not even like I can rip out the first toe and just do in a different color.... there still would not be enough. I've seen this sock done on Ravelry and not one mention of needing extra yarn. Its only a Men's size 9 with a 8 inch cuff... nothing crazy. And my tails are not excessive either... So I repeat WTF?
Balls!
I've found the colorway on line and ordered a second ball... I figure there should be enough to make him another pair of socks (in a different pattern) or a couple of pairs of socks for The Mayor.
I'm sooooo P.O'd I really like this pattern! I just can't imagine that it took all that extra yarn.
aarruugghh.
In spinning news..... here is my "Grinch" yarn. 243 yards of3 ply DK weight Falkland wool.

I have no idea what I'll make with this, but it sure was fun spinning!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I just ran into the same problem with a new design I was working on with the Pro Natura. I read a comment on Ravelry about a ball being short by several grams. I don't know if that is my problem or not.

My original Gentleman's sock was a close call and it was probably the same size you knit given that it fits me and not my size 10.5 man's feet. The traveling stitches do eat up some extra yarn. Different tensioning in all of those traveling stitches would also likely cause a pretty dramatic difference in yardage between two knitters knitting the same size sock. I'm sorry you ran into trouble with the yarn yardage.

11:42 AM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I heard your anguished cry of pain all the way over here.

10:12 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

How frustrating! Grrrr, I hate that.

Love the Grinch yarn, though. :0)

12:18 PM, December 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW, your spinning looks great! I've got some Grinch fiber coming my way but I'm sure it won't look nearly that good once I finish with it :-)

8:59 PM, December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home