Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I *heart* MD Sheep and Wool

SO.Much.Fun.
Amanda and I went on Sunday this year. We arrived at the fair ground ay 8:15 am and lined up to buy festival swag. This is the line at 8:30am. Seriously.

Llama with a poodle cut.
"We Are Not Amused."
Random booth with pretty colors... (lots of things were cleared out by Sunday)
Alpacas! Cute!
Misty Mountain Farm tent... one of my favorite. I got 1 lb of Shetland roving here for only $18 a lb. I just keep sticking my nose in the bag. This is the booth I "enabled" a spinner. A lovley woman was asking me about the rovings and mentioned she "always wanted to learn". I pointed her to the spindles, we found a clear patch and commenced drop spindle lessons. Only and Sheep & Wool.I got another great Schachnt 2.5 oz apindle and this UBER Cool "hounds" spindle 1.5 oz out of polymer clay by "Hala"
Here is the rest....sorry for the crapy picture. I have bad picture mo-jo this week... from left to right:
1 lb brown shetland, 4oz BFL in Crayon Box by Gale's Art, 4 oz of merino (can't find the vendor info) and a cute little barrell bag. Oh and a beautiful ebony crochet hook plus my Sheep & Wool baseball cap, didn't make it into the picture.I went with a budget and stuck to it. Good for me! Bad that I STILL have stuff in stash from last years festival- doh.
I did try out a "ladybug" spinning wheel at the Mannings booth. Pretty sweet. Maybe next year..... who's coming with?

I FINALLY finished spinning the Woodland Nymph yarn- hopefully a pic tomorrow. Plus the first "Time of the Month" sock is done and the 2nd cast on. Progress pics later as always

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Ooooh, I'm so happy you got to go, and so jealous, too! :0) Someday, I'll have to come and join you - wouldn't that be a blast? Thanks for all the pictures!

9:34 PM, May 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the llama haircuts!

I've been eyeing Ladybugs; what did you think of it? I haven't tried one yet and won't be buying for a while, but a girl can dream, can't she?

5:18 AM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

Yay for blogging especially since a) I apparently don't anymore and b) I forgot my camera. My haul is embarassing next to yours, especially since I'm supposed to be DEstashing!

6:12 AM, May 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet all the sellers were happy to see such a crowd of people! Good for the economy for sure. ;) Enjoy your goodies!

7:35 AM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

If I could swing it I'd sooooo go with you next year. Thanks for sharing.

9:31 AM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

i love my yarn! thank you again!

4:00 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh wow! I'm so sorry I missed it. NEXT YEAR! Without fail. It looks awesome. There is something really twisted about that poodle-cut llama.

P.S. I mentioned in my recent post that you are going to MC a contest. Thanks again. Love you!

10:45 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

I really wanted to sit at a ladybug, but I was afraid that I'd either get run over by the hordes or break it. It looks like a fun little wheel though.

10:10 AM, May 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home